Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Snowy Surprise

Sunday morning, and I'm sitting on top of my bed looking out my window at the lovely snow falling down, with Christmas carols playing in the background...it feels perfect:) We had quite a funfilled weekend again, and now we have snow! This is the story:

Friday, a group of us headed down to Washington (my first time) for Kris' friend's concert that night.The concert was really good and the band is pretty dang talented, I felt a little out of place since it wasn't quite my style of music, but we had a blast anyways.

Afterwards we went back to Kris' and a few of us tried the huge zip line in the dark. It was a little intense going in the dark flying towards trees, but was a ton of fun. Nathan and Kris woke up early to make the group breakfast, which was super yummy, and then we headed off to downtown Seattle. It looked so pretty all decorated for Christmas. We even got to stop at the first Starbucks, pretty rad, except their expresso machine was broken.We even had our own "elf" playing on the escalator.

And we found a really rad um... gum wall, Hannah's favorite. It was impressive artwork, and Billy could not resist trying some.

It was fun to be in the city, but I definitely think I'm still a small town (or small city) girl.

Now the exciting part! I came back Saturday with Kenny, Chris and Nathan so we could dive into our homework earlier. And then is started snowing!! The super exciting part is that Chris (and Nathan too) is from Hawaii and has never experienced a snow fall before, so he was absolutely stoked! So everytime we pulled over, he was out of the truck into the snow. We stopped in the cool little Dutch town Lyden before crossing the borden again for some more fun and to build a snowman. It seemed like the perfect little hallmark town.

We went pretty slow on the way home, but got back to school around 10:30pm and the campus was alive with snowy fun. We meet up with some gals from my dorm and then a crew of us created a sweet snowball fort, which sadly didn't bring a lot of enemies. So after we were frozen and had a mini fight we departed off to bed.

So that leaves me here now. After a restful sleep, I feel so relaxed just sitting. I sure do love looking out the window and watching huge snowflakes fall, its so peaceful and beautiful. I just don't want to make a sound but almost hold onto my breath to enjoy every moment. I didn't think we'd be getting snow this early, and I guess at home on the island there is even more, who would have guessed? Maybe we'll actually have a white Christmas after all!

I must depart and get ready for church, but hope you are all enjoying the snow as much as I am. God bless and keep you safe too!

Chris' First Snowfall

2 comments:

Cassie said...

That wall looks pretty sick, haha, glad you are enjoying yourself out there Jen! Stay warm!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen...love your snow pictures. You are right, we have several feet of snow in Courtenay. Counting down the days until Christmas and you are home. Love, Mom