Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Home...

I've been looking over my schedule and realizing how busy things are going to be over the next few weeks. I might actually go crazy by Christmas. I am so stoked for Christmas to be here though...it will be so great to have the whole family together again. I sure hope we get a good load of snow too, even though Dad doesn't like it a whole lot.

I've also been knocked in the head again lately about where I am in my faith. Life definitely is full of challenges, and when my eyes aren't always fixed on Christ, they do a good job of hitting me over the head when I don't see it coming. I'm so thankful to serve such a faithful God, who is constant even when I am not. What a blessing it is to know that when I fall and trip, and when I'm frustrated with myself, knowing that my Lord is right beside me and will hold my hand as He guides me. How foolish I am when I take my eyes off of Him. I'm also thankful for fellowship, for my parents and brothers, and those good friends who remind me of truth and spur me on in love. Thanks.

Another good friend...a good ol' cup of tea. I've been drinking this wonderful drink since I was a wee youngster, thanks to my Nan and Grampa who always had a cup waiting when I'd be over. It's so much a part of our family, that my Grampa's dog even loves a cup. Nothing better than being wrapped in a blanket, sipping on the tastey drink, and spilling my thoughts in silence, or with my mom when we have our tea parties:) Maybe I'll get to look like this lovely elderly lady when I'm older...she even has crazy eyes like me.

So all in all, my thoughts today....God is good and faithful, even when I am not.


And I'm definitely looking forward to catching up on hugs over Christmas too, dad's always have the best hugs.

"The unfolding of Your words gives light;
It gives understanding to the simple."
Psalm 119:130

4 comments:

Yours Truly said...

I know the hugger feeling!!
Thanks for the reminder about His faithfulness!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen

Caleb here. Your blog has inspired me to start one. Check out my first posting at caleboppel.blogspot.com

Nice boat!

Cassie said...

Hey Jen, I hear ya! and mmm... you are totally right... there is nothing like a cup of tea! actually i'm drinking some right now... I love ya Jenny! I think where i was at last year in school and as christmas came near that how easily it was for me to make that break our focus, just remember to live in the moment, and i know you will... and soak up all that God challenges you with but hey be excited about those days you get to spend with the whole family! It will be pretty sweet for jeff to be home! Thanks for the update!

Sarah said...

jen
so i know it's a little creepy that i found your blog...i was just clicking on links from april's blog...anyways. just wanted to say it was sweet hanging out with you this weekend in seattle! hope you guys made it back ok with all the snow :)