Friday, November 03, 2006

the end of october...

The past week was fairly busy, and I'm looking forward to this weekend being much slower than the last. Lindsay, a good friend (who just got engaged to Ben!), is coming for a visit, so Rachel and I are pretty stoked.
Here's just a few snippits from the past little while.

We did a bit of pumpking carving with our dorms, thus we created one attractive pumpkin man. I was impressed with some of the faces that were carved, definitely creative. The only downfall of this idea was that the pumpkins soon began to rot, so it got a little nasty, but that's what it's all about I guess.

Sarah, one of roomies from last year was out this way for her 4-day so we had a sweet time catching up. We went to the TWU vs. UBC basketball game which is ridiculously intense. The stress of 3 overtimes was too much, so our faces got all messed up, so we took a picture. But it was awesome to see her, and hear about her LTS experience at Capes so far, plus we had some good laughs looking at old pictures.

Then, lucky me, Tara Petriw had some days off as well from Capes, so she was visiting Christina, and they picked me up Saturday. We went to Granville Island, had some yummy gelato, wandered around checking out all the stores. It was good having the opportunity to get away from the school area, and I always have a blast with these gals. I find them so encouraging, challenging, and just a barrel full of laughs. Especially after church on Sunday when we drove by and saw the mattress sheep, so we pulled over and jumped out of the car to snag a quick photo. I don't think the poor sheep knew what was going on...


So that was the weekend, and the biggest thing I've been learning lately is handling my time well. I find it hard figuring out how much time to devote to school work, people and relationships, yet struggle with making God my first priority. Last weekend I had so much to do, but found myself so blessed and refreshed through the opportunity of seeing good friends, and the Lord provided the time to get all I need finished anyways. Over the past couple of weeks this has been continually hitting the heart, learning to give my time to God and allow Him to be in control.

There's a clock at Trinity in memory of a man, and this is quoted:
"Faith is anchored in who God is, not in my circumstances...that is why there is always hope....He's been in control of every little step. I have deep conviction that, with God, we are right on schedule."
I found that encouraging, that with God - we are right on schedule, and I don't want to fill my time with my own things, but with the things God wants me to do, people He wants me to be with, places to go...I definitely don't have this all figured out in my brain...but the thought process is in motion.

Exciting news is I'm heading to Calgary for a mini roommate reunion during my fall break. Sadly, Alanda and Sarah are at Capes, but I'm flying out to meet Larrissa, Terri and Cassie and I am pumped!! I shall keep you updating...

2 comments:

Michael P Fast said...

Whoa man! look at that sheeps face! he looks so bewildered, i'm surprised you didn't knock him over and steal his costume, then you could have had your dream come true! Have a good one JJ.

Keira-Anne said...

I heart Granville Island. I'm glad you had an amazing time with your friends! :)