Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Past Week....

So last week we had a Superman party to say farewell to one of our dorm gals who decided to commute. Hannah made a sweet cake, which was pretty much a giant cookie in cake form, very tastey.


Then on Friday night, Hannah and I were trying to somewhat study. We weren't getting much done - I mean, who really studies on a Friday night anyways? Then the phone rings....and Connor has called to save us from our madness. So being the good guy he is, he took us off campus for a bit, with the promise that he would return us somewhat early to study some more. So we hit up starbucks...mmm quite nice, and then he surprised us by taking us on the ferry to ride over to Maple Ridge and back. I have to admit, it was so refreshing:) It was like one of those moments when the Lord knows exactly what my heart needed and I didn't even see it coming. Then Connor saw a beaver, which he was pumped about - so that finished off the evening with lots of laughter.

Saturday some of the girls played sand volleyball, so I joined in on one game. Rachel, Han, Candace, Sarah and myself then headed off to Vancouver to serve at an ACTS dinner. I haven't really explained to much about ACTS - silly me, so here ya go. It stands for 'Africa Community Technical Service', and they mainly focus with helping to provide clean drinking water for Ugandans, along with other projects to help improve their daily life. I had the honor to work with them this summer, which was an incredible blessing to see some of the Lord's work in a different area of the world. Ruth, Jacquie and David (who I worked for) are amazing people, with big hearts for the Lord and for the work that they're doing. So, they invited to come to the dinner anyhoo (you can check out more their website - www.acts.ca). So our adventure into Vancouver was hilarious as we found ourselves lost numerous times, but we made it:) The food was amazing! And the ladies who were catering were really neat. It was much more of a blessing to be there than I had expected.


Then Sunday, we had a dorm open house thing, which we were suppose to prepare for, decorating like Rome - but we hadn't done a lot of prep work. But we were given all the left over food from the dinner, and our fridge was packed! So basically, people loved the food and that made up for the lack of the decorations. As Rachel Fulmore stated, "It's not about the presentation, it's all about the food."

So a busy, exciting and somewhat refreshing last few days. God has been so good to provide little gifts for my heart lately. He blesses me with things that I don't even deserve or expect. It's a peaceful feeling to be able to rest in who He is, knowing that He is faithful. I don't always 100% reflect those feelings in my life, but in those moments where I truly believe that He is my all - there's peace in looking forward to tomorrow.

"Jesus Christ in the same yesterday and today and forever!" Hebrews 13:8


2 comments:

Yours Truly said...

So glad your being refreshed!!! Can you email me a nanaimo bar..they look amazing:)
xoxox

Cassie said...

Jenny I am SO GLAD you are doing well... God is AMAZING and I hear ya on the moments when He knows you need a little something to be refreshed... reminds me of you, ter and one of my favorite moments at capes,... You are a blessing Jenny! I wish i was there with you! Sorry I havent been home much to catch your calls, I've missed what? like three... sorry :(... I am glad you got the package though and hope you enjoy it! Love Ya Jen!