Friday, September 08, 2006


I've arrived at Trinity Western...

Well hello everyone! So I'm officially a student at university heading down the road of becoming a teacher. So I'm rooming with my most wonderful friend Miss Hannah dePutter, who's in her second year and is our Dorm RA.

So I've added a few pictures of our little dorm, or as Han would call it, 'a shoebox'. It's a little tiny, but I definitely have more space here than I did at Capernwray. It's working out well.

So this is the view as you walk through our door.

And this is looking from our wall to our door. My bed is top bunk, and Hanbanan is on the bottom.

And this is our our little work station. We have a nice view of trees, but the highway is right outside, so it gets a little noisy - but it's not unbearable.

But the first two days were pretty hard, tougher than I expected the transition to be. It was difficult stepping into a university setting after living in a close community Capernwray style. But it's been such a good reminder to know that God is constant, even amidst all the change around me, and He is faithful to provide all I need to get through each day. A gal pal who stopped by today shared with Hannah and I, something along the lines of this: "If things never changed, we would never appreciated the unchangingness of God." So it's been a good, but challenging lesson to learn. Ah hey, I was looking forward to something exciting and new and the Lord provided it, sometimes it just takes me a while to clue in that He gave me what I prayed for. I shall keep you all updated!

Jen

"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

8 comments:

Christina said...

Glad for you to be settling in. It does take time, but there is much to be learned and much to be thankful for. Enjoy these moments, even what God has to teach you in the uncomfortable times.
Hope to see you around!

Anonymous said...

Nice room.
I like how you put that: "sometimes it just takes me a while to clue in that He gave me what I prayed for". Haven't heard it said like that before. It's true.
He takes good care of us.

Keep enjoyin' the adventure.

kathleen marie said...

Yay! So excited for you....I want to come visit you sometime! Email me!

Cassie said...

Your place looks nice and cozy jen! glad that you are doing well despite the tough transition, your a solid girl and it is really cool to see God's faithfulness in every situation! looking forward to hearing more adventures you have yet to face... Love you tons and tons!

Yours Truly said...

Thanks for the room pics. Can't wait to come and see it for myelf. Diddo Caleb in that recognizing when God gives us what we prayed for. And that often isn't painless.
Love ya!

Yours Truly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Smash said...

Hello there Jennifer Jacobson!
This is Miss Ashley Bates giving a shout out to you!
Just saying hello and welcome to the Vancouver area with me. Or me with you. We probably got here the same time. Anyways, I would like to visit you at some future time...
I had mentioned the idea to Janelle as well (sorry that that rhymes. I didn't mean to).
SO.... Maybe I'll see you sometime? And if you ever want to come hang out somewhere that isn't your school, you are always, always welcome here
(and I will for sure make you tea.)
love,
Ashley.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen....love your blog. I really appreciated your beautiful fall photos and the scriptures verses - I find that my spirits are lifted whenever I visit your site. Thank you for touching my heart. Love, Mom