Friday, December 11, 2009

"Cuz it's the Final Countdown!"

Yes, it's that time again.
That time of year where I'm almost in sweats permanently, wearing glasses, hair pulled up, glazed look in my eyes, staring at a plethora of notes trying to make sense of it all...

Kind of like Emperor's New Groove...

Pacha: Uh-oh.
Kuzco: Don't tell me: We're about to go over a huge waterfall.
Pacha: Yep.
Kuzco: Sharp rocks at the bottom?
Pacha: Most likely.
Kuzco: Bring it on.

Oh yes, bring it on.

Last night, in hopes of finding inspirational music, Susanne and I listened to the epic tune from Pirates of the Caribbean and then watched the battle scene from Narnia: Prince Caspian. It's pretty inspirational when Peter yells, "For Narnia, and for Aslan!" and then both sides charge at each other for an insane battle. So pretty much we are the good side and exams and final assignments are the evil ones trying to take us out. Good news though, we win in the end.

So, I'm back at my little coffee shop. It's nice and quiet (well, except for the oldies playing through the speakers).

Laptop computer: check
Close to a plug-in: check
Lots of notes and textbooks: check
Coffee: check
Collection of pens and pencil: check
Concentration: well, I'm working on that.

It's been fun seeing all the regulars pop in, overhearing their conversations, and hearing them all say, "See ya tomorrow!" before they head out the door. I want to be an old person that has a regular stop in every day, they seem cool.

Alright, this was Procrastination Tactic #43 again, it worked well.

Back to my books...

(P.S. - Thanks Joy for all your little notes and encouragement on my blogs, you are an all-star. Can't wait to see ya over the holidays!)

1 comment:

Joy said...

Thanks for the personal note in your blog. I love checking in and seeing what you're up to.

If I could get away with it, I'd be in sweats all the time right now, too. But, alas, I cannot except when I'm at home. Then, I'm wearing pajamas.

The final countdown....keep at it. You're almost there!