Sunday, December 06, 2009

Procrastination Tactic #43: Write a Blog Post
The story about my new pottery mug :)
Trinity had their 4th Annual 'Spirit of Christmas' celebration on campus this year for the community. For a quick study break, I ventured over to the craft fair and was pleasantly surprised to find a pottery stand. Now, I'm not one to invest in a lot of mugs, mainly because I have a slight pet peeve of having a random collection of a ton of stuff. But, I do quite enjoy the feel of a solid pottery cup in my hand, full of warm tea.
I had a wonderful chat with the potter, picking his brain about his favorite stuff to make, different glazing techniques and such. He helped me pick out a mug that fit quite well into my hand, and I am now the proud owner of a lovely little mug. It's prime.

1 comment:

Joy said...

A teacher (and a teacher-to-be) must have a heavy and satisfying pottery mug for tea. It is the perfect companion for marking, report cards, planning the perfect lesson, or for curling up and doing NOTHING at the end of a long day.