Friday, December 04, 2009

Beautiful people...

...I attended a little Christmas gathering in our apartment building tonight. An open mic shindig in a little apartment, jam packed of a variety of people sharing songs, stories, giftings and random talents.

As I stood in the kitchen, slightly barricaded from the rest of the group, listening to the beautiful strumming and plucking of guitar strings, I couldn't help but smile and be thankful.

Each face that my eyes drifted across was so beautiful. I was struck with the wonder of how blessed I was to be standing in a warm and cozy apartment, surrounded by people with such beautiful hearts. Some of these people I don't even know, some are extremely dear to my heart, and others are acquaintances that I chat with on a regular basis. How magnificently blessed I am to have an opportunity to be in the presence of these people. Lovely people whom the Lord has made exactly as He planned- perfect and right in His sight. That is stellar.

A song by one of my favorite musicians, Riley Armstrong, says:
Everybody's different, I think different is beautiful
If we were all the same this world would be unliveable
This whole earth turns so intricate its undeniable
That God made us different, so that means different is beautiful.

Thank you Lord for such an opportunity to interact with Your beautiful people, wherever we go.

No comments: