Friday, January 08, 2010

WOWZA - 2010!

The holidays have treated me well. My weeks at home have been full of wonderful friends, quiet moments, laughter with the family, good books, and cozy blankets. Despite my heart not fully wanting to return to the pressures of studying, it will be good to head to the land of roommates and textbooks for a final semester. Victory will be mine.

I'm not one to deeply ponder the benefits of 'New Years Resolutions', nor create any of my own for the year ahead that I constantly remember to strive for. In years past, I've had a few - but let's face it, the majority of those resolutions end up fading away into the deep recesses of the pages of my journal and memory, only to be forgotten. However, I'm changing my ways and creating two for 2010. Well, at least I'm going to try.

#1 - Last Sunday at church, Pastor Randy spoke about the importance of prayer in our lives, and thus, I hope that that will become a more disciplined area of my life.

#2 - I want to become a friend of Ellen Degeneres, make it on her show or somehow hear from her. Yeah, it's gonna happen.

Signing out...

1 comment:

Joy said...

I love the first resolution. Good luck with the second! Let me know if you make it on the show; I'll watch!