Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Oh, a famous Jacobson..."

Yes, fame is my name.

I'm taking a lunch break at this moment to spend my time on my blog (*sigh*, kind of lame). Nonetheless, I have thoughts in my head that are producing a smile on my face, so thus they must be proclaimed to someone...anyone...

I'm alone in my work office today. This picture of my face was taken through the webcam on my laptop about one minute ago (the wonders of technology). Who wants to read a blog without photos anyway? Especially since my last two posts were void of any visual stimulation...thus, you may now see how I look in the middle of my day, getting hungry for food.

One gift that I am continually blessed with while working at ACTS, are the countless wonderful people I get to interact with. About a half hour ago, a kind elderly man entered my quiet office, grabbed a chair, and proceeding to chat about life with me. He views things in a charming and simplistic way...I feel blessed to have been a part of his day, being part of the ripple he has left behind him after he has departed from this little wallpapered room.

He spoke of God's goodness. He spoke of the silence of some people, and how sometimes "We learn more when we are quiet." Ah yes, I have heard this before and I smile. He also found out I was 'a famous Jacobson." Go figure, I'm famous - well...at least someone in my family must be famous enough that allows me to cling to the cool name. If I never get married, I can keep that name forever, and thus be famous forever.

As he left, I wished him a great afternoon and he replied, "Well, I've got nothing else to do except get older." Ha, awesome.

I also had a lovely chat with one of our fantastic volunteer ladies this morning. Nice to pick her brain a bit and learn about her life, her thoughts, and her experiences. It's a privilege to get to know people, to see someone elses' heart, and that the Lord uses many of these divine interactions to leave us changed (and hopefully changed for the better).

God is good. And I like Thursdays.

Also, here's a treat for some of those who like moving pictures.
Check this hot new video for some sweet baking fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edfqjv2HTYU

Here is a neat verse I have been pondering over lately. May you be encouraged.

"Teach me your ways, Oh Lord, and I will walk in Your Truth.
Unite my heart to fear your name.
I will praise You, Oh Lord my God, with all my heart.
I will glorify your name, forever."
Psalm 86:11-12

3 comments:

Joy said...

A few comments from Joy:

1. Where does the name fame originate from?

2. Great baking show; where is the recipe?

3. Who are the young men you two are hanging out with? Are they men of integrity? Are their intentions honorable?

Jen J said...

1. Name fame I believe would originate from my father, and the coolness of my brothers. Further back, it originates from Norway.

2. Here is the link for the recipe:
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/carrot-cake-cupcakes-with-cream-cheese-frosting?autonomy_kw=carrot%20cake%20cupcakes&rsc=header_2

3. The young men are twins Jay and I went to highschool with. And yes, honorable friendly intentions. Thanks for having our back;)

4. Joy, we missed your presence muchly at the church campout.

Joy said...

Hey, I had name fame because of father and brothers as well. It's cool, but sometimes hard to shake!

Thanks for the link.

I missed being at the campout as well. I was in Victoria with the women of the family and our friend, Grace, from Scotland.

Games night before the end of the summer?