Thursday, January 25, 2007

Softening a Hardened Heart...

"If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit" (Galatians 5:25), and this is what it means to walk in the Spirit: to take one step at a time, and for every new situation into which every new step takes you, no matter what it may be, to hear Christ saying to your heart, "I AM," then to look up into His face by faith and say, "You are! That is all I need to know, Lord, and I thank you, for You are never less than adequate."
"The LORD is the strength of my life" -
Psalms 27:1

[The Indwelling Life of Christ, Major W. Ian Thomas]

"So we see that they were not able to enter His rest because of unbelief." - Hebrews 3:19
"Today if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts"
- Hebrews 4:7
"Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience." - Hebrews 4:11

"My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom, and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:1-6

5 comments:

Antonia Jacobson geb Oehm said...

Thank you for sharing these verses and showing through them what has been happening and how you are growing through all the stress and pressure. I have been praying for you quite often.
Keep pressing on.
Antonia.

Unknown said...

I think I may have just heard His voice. Thanks Jen.

LnF said...

Oh JEn,
thank you so much for that reminder that insight can only come from the Lord, yet we must seek for that wisdom and insight:
"...if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand..." OH, that it would be the nature of my heart that i would be unwavering in my pursuit of HIm. MUch love

Cassie said...

Thank you Jenny! Such a great reminder! See you oh so very soon!

Michael P Fast said...

Sweet, i was just reading Hebrews this past week. It's a good reminder to believe and obey and enter His rest. Especially when things aren't going exactly great, Jesus doesn't change, He is. Thanks for that.