Monday, January 22, 2007

Ice Cream Road Trip

I think life gets busy enough, and with schoolwork on top - it seems its pushing everyone over the edge. Well maybe not everyone, definitely me and a few others though. Even in the moments of being overwhelmed, it takes that extra jump to know that God will be faithful even through the mounds of homework.

For a study break on the weekend, Candace, Han, Kris, Billy and I, piled into Nathan's truck for an icecream run to the states. It makes me laugh to think we're so close to the border, that we can just go over for icecream. And man...amazing icecream it was! The moment I took my first lick, I knew the break from my books was oh so worth it. One of the best parts is that the ice cream is so cheap! Edaleen Dairy makes and packages all their stuff themselves, so the prices are outrageously awesome. It also made it even better because we had coupons on the back our of school sports game tickets.

Thus we were thrilled! Han and I used our coupon to get two double scoop waffle cones, for the wonderful price of $1.70 (american). The boys used their coupons all for themselves and got themselves each two double scoop cones for a $1. Candace got two bowls of icecream, and then we all loaded up on ice cream containers...I picked fudgey wudgey....mmm mmm so good!

Candace, Nathan and Hannah enjoying some sweetness.

Billy and Kris, stoked about their $1 icecream.

Hanbanan and I taking a lick.

Moral of the story: there's always time for an icecream break, especially when it's so good.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Looks mmmmm GOOD!!! Glad you got a little "break" from the books Jenny!

Michael P Fast said...

ha, looks like hannah is losing her top scoop and that guy definately has a legit mustache. have a good one!

Keira-Anne said...

Now I want some!

ter ter said...

mmm...yummy. i like ice cream. nice to see you got a little break jenny!