Wednesday, October 11, 2006

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND!!!
(warning: this post is a little long)



I made it home for the Thanksgiving weekend, and it was so good. Bryan, Kari and Candace were heading home with Hannah, so the 5 of us had a sweet time travelling, and it went by pretty quickly. It was a fun adventure of buses, sky train, ferry and cars, and playing Dutch Blitz on the ferry - always a hoot.


I was so pumped to see Candice, Arron, Jeff and Stu when I got off the ferry, but found no one waiting for me. But fortunatly, with a second glance behind me, I saw three mysterious men sitting holding newspapers infront of their faces, and low and behold it was the sly boys. Sadly, mom was away this weekend, but it was good that she got to see Grampa and see some of her family. We missed her tons and it was strange not having her around. I was so happy to see Dad and Scott though, and to get in some good hugs.

So we played a lot of X-box and N64 while we were home. Jeff is another hardcore fan of Mario Kart Racing, so we had some good races and battles, along with some flying fighting games.

So Saturday morning, we cooked the tasty breakfast of bacon, waffles, berries, and ooh so much whip cream! Candice brought her waffle maker and their yummy family waffle recipe and we had a nice brunch. After, we headed to the beach, and it was great to be back there and smell the good ocean scent.

Candice and me

Arron, Stu and Jeff

The Gang

So since Dad had to work, Candice and I decided to try our hand at cooking Turkey dinner. Dad had already prepped alot of stuff for us, and we had mom and the Hundeby's on the phone line for extra help when we needed them. But we recruited the guys to help out too, so overall it was a success. Dad finished work in time to carve the turkey, and it was awesome:)

Random story: we decided to celebrate Jeff's birthday a little early and got him his favorite pie. We warmed it up, and silly me, I stuck in 20 candles and walked away for a moment. When I returned, I noticed the candles weren't sticking straight up anymore, but were at weird angels. As I investigated and pulled out a candle, I gasped as I realized the bottom of the candle had melted in the hot pie. So, Jeff was given his favorite pie, Strawberry Rhubarb, with 20 bits of half melted candles in them, it was definitely a good laugh.

Dinner was wonderful and tastey. Jade-o came over for dinner as well, which was good to see him, a mini Capernwray reunion, and Scotty was out hunting but made it home for dinner. Then Han, Candace, Bryan and Kari and our friend Matt came over afterwards just to bum around. So that was sweet too.

So overall, the weekend was great, and it was refreshing to be home and have the chance to catch up with good friends and family while eating lots of food. It's great to be reminded of the many amazing blessings the Lord has given.

Psalm 100
A Psalm for Thanksgiving

Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth.
Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before Him with joyful singing.
Know that the LORD Himself is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
And His courts with praise
Give thanks to Him, bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His lovingkindness is everlasting
And His faithfulness to all generations.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Jenny! Looks like you had such a good time! Man Jeff makes me laugh, i miss those guys! well glad to hear nothin horrible happened in the kitchen too... i think if i was there they would have the fire department there... Well have a good weekend!

Yours Truly said...

You guys are quite the crew!! glad I got to stop by and see y'all again. Nice angelic pose Aaron!
(where are the pics of the gourd carvings?)

Jen J said...

ah yes, gourd carvings - I can't believe I didn't get any! I shall get my parents to take a few, they're still sitting out on the front porch;)

Michael P Fast said...

Hey, nice to see some pics of all you guys. That must have been a real hoot. Arrons got a sweet hat, and look at those brown skate shoes Jen! Dang they look good! I'm proud of you. Ya God has blessed us with so much.