Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Good 'Ol Weekend
Basically to sum up the weekend, it was fun, full of spontaneous randomness, and left me with a smile but feeling very tired.

Friday night, Candace, Cheryl K, Hannah, Cheryl T and I headed to White Rock for the evening to walk along the beach and eat gelato. It was crazy foggy, but it cleared up for a bit, but later returned as we were leaving. It was nice to escape the campus for a while and get into the fresh beach air. We got a little lost on the way back to school, but eventually made it back.


I had rowing practice Saturday morning, and then we had a choir performance for Trinity's new President inauguration. It was actually really neat to hear all the different speeches, and as Hannah would say, "to be part of history".

Saturday night, Hannah and I dressed up for the Bomber's hockey game. We thought we would try being super school spirited and made some signs and went hardcore on team colors. It definitely was an interesting game. The ref-ing wasn't all that amazing, and there were some cheap shots taken by the other team. Sadly we lost, but there's always next time.

Needless to say, I think it was the first time I've seen 5 guys in the penalty box.

Afterwards, we went to Timmy's for a snack- so good. Billy, Bryan and Kris dressed up all fancy for the game in their suits so that they could look like coaches. So it felt strange walking with the boys while Hannah and I looked like we were dressed up for Halloween.

Sunday brought lots of rain, as well as our first Rowing Regatta. It was a cold day, but a good experience hanging out with the team and rowing against other teams. It made me appreciate warm clothes after getting back.

Anyways, that's the most of the weekend. There were a few other late night excursions visiting horses and playing outside, lots of laughs.

Hannah and I had a nice walk yesterday around the pond, just reading some scripture and chatting, and this was one of the verses that I found encouraging. God bless :)
Jen J.

"Teach me Your way O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. I will give thanks to You O Lord my God, with all my heart, and will glorify Your name forever. For Your lovingkindess toward me is great, and You have delivered my soul from th depths of Sheol."
Psalms 86:11-12

4 comments:

Cassie said...

wish i was there!

Jeff Jacobson said...

jen stop hanging out with boys!

see you soon, love you,

ps. stay away from boys

Yours Truly said...

seccond jeff's motion
(lol)
keep having fun
Love ya!
linds

Michael P Fast said...

oh no! looks like that poor guy caught a serious crab... hope he's ok.