Sunday, March 25, 2007

Thoughts...

Janelle surprised me with a wonderful bouquet of daffodils the other day. I like how little things like bright yellow flowers can cheer up a place, especially my heart.

As I've been reflecting this week, on my time at Trinity so far, it's hard to know how to describe the year. I didn't have any solid expectations coming here, in fact - I was somewhat unexpectant of anything. It's been a challenging year, and I feel I've learned where my confidence lies. It's been quite humbling realizing there's not a lot I can do on my own strength.
God has been so faithful to me over this year, and His love is becoming so much more evident to me as I've seen how He's stood by my side. As this year is coming close to an end, it's been awesome to see my prayer for community answered as well. The girls in my dorm are nothing short of spectacular women, it's been such a priviledge living with them, and slowly seeing tight bonds form. And I'm beginning to feel comfortable at Trinity, more like I can be 'me' here. There are still the days (like today) when I feel a little 'out of it', yet I know the feeling will eventually pass, and I'll feel 'back to normal'. It's amazing to step back and take a look at what seems like a whirlwind of this year flying by, and seeing God's grace so delicately intertwined in my past. It gives me such hope and peace for the unknown future, that He will always provide and He'll always be enough. I haven't fully grasped this concept yet, and maybe I probably never will. But I at least feel so blessed to have a glimpse into the Sovereignty of the God who loves His people so much. A friend was once telling me that if we never experienced the hard and challenging moments in life, we'd never fully appreciate the good things. I like that, because when those bright moments appear, nothing can stop a smile of joy and appreciation from appearing on your face...just like bright daffodils appearing after a long, gray and rainy season. Not sure if any of my thoughts make sense, but just a glimpse into the scattered mind of Jen this week...

"This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him." 1 John 5:14-15

3 comments:

Yours Truly said...

Hey! thanks for the encouragement...it's been a comfort, joy and privelege to walk together in the rain and sunshine
xo

LnF said...

hmmm 1 john 5:14-14, has diffinately been on my heart alot this past week. "asking according to his will" part of that being discerning what his will really is, and the only part being okay with his will. following his will even if we might not "like" where it's leading. but being "confident" in his provision, his timing, and his wisdom...something very difficult for me..in my current scrambled state. peace sav

Unknown said...

Jen! Thanks so much for sharing! You are such an encouragement and blessing... I love and appreciate you so much! I pray that God continues to teach you in the last few weeks of school... cant wait to see you! *hugs*