Saturday, May 26, 2012

Normally, when the students in my class say funny things, I'm able to stay composed and not laugh out loud at them, but only in my head.  Here are just two recent examples when this was not possible.


We are learning about symbols of Canada...so we discussed the symbols on our Canadian coins.


"Alright, who knows what the maple leaf is on?"  I asked.
"The penny."
"That's right.  And what is the beaver on?"
"A log."




While walking back to the school after a practice drill on the field, the students were suppose to walk back to the school silently.  However, this silence was broken when one of my students hollered from the line, "Miss Jacobson, Andy's pants are backwards."
I froze.  I turned around with raised eyebrows and asked, "Andy...are your pants backwards?"
He stepped out of line, looked down in surprise, and I saw the bum pockets clearly at his front.
I burst out laughing.
Poor kid, this obviously explained why he had been sitting so funny in class all morning.

No comments: