Thursday, September 15, 2011

A fresh start...

Did you notice?

Yes, I changed my blog background yet again.  I feel it needed a little something...a little help...a little pizazz...something a little more 'grown up' and perhaps classy.

Today, I had my first TOC (teacher-on-call) job of the school year.  Teaching music all day.  Ha.

I was literally mobbed by a group of kindergartners who all wanted a 'high five' from me after I taught them a song that included a 'high five' in the actions.  It took a while to settle them down.

I was asked if the picture on my teacher ID was a picture of me as a baby.  It was taken in May.
Slightly surprised, I asked "Do I look like a baby in this photo?"
The Kindergartner replied, "Well, you're hair is darker."
"What color is my hair now?"
"Blonde."
Yes, thank you summer sunshine.


I was completely dumbfounded when playing a game with Grade Two's.  Three different pairs of students, who were suppose to have their eyes closed (and were also facing a wall), managed to correctly guess who  the student in the circle leading actions was, within 3 seconds each time.  Seriously...I thought I had an eye on them the whole time to make sure they weren't cheating...how did they do that?

The Grade Four's wanted to call me "Miss J'.  I also thought that was cool.

I managed to still appear more intellectual that a sixth grader.  Thank goodness.

I think I can do this.

I also ran over a frog today.  How does a frog not move out of the way of my giant wheel?  Still...I was surprisingly crushed.  My jaw hung open for a while after I saw its' flattened little body growing smaller and smaller in my review mirror.  Opps.

2 comments:

Keltie and Phil said...

Jen! I love you and love your stories!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

Anonymous said...

I miss you friend...but I love the blog update! Very professional. I'm sure that you are just about bursting with more classroom stories...I'm ready to read some more!