Saturday, November 24, 2007

It's officially the CHRISTMAS SEASON!!


The songs of Christmas started in our room at the end of October with the purchase of the new Josh Groban Christmas CD. Every since then, I've been eagerly anticipating the 'official' season. Since there are so many Americans at school, they insist Christmas season doesn't start until this weekend, with their American Thanksgiving. But I claim Canada can begin to celebrate whenever we like, and I choose at least November.
Mom and dad were here last weekend, and they so kindly brought Hannah and I a little Christmas tree. It now proudly stands in the corner of our room, it's great.
Outside is definitely getting chillier as well, reaching to our lowest so far at -5*c in the middle of the night. It sure is cold waking up to go rowing when there is white frost covering the ground looking like a light dusting of snow. I'm just dreaming of waking up soon to a snow covered ground. And they've begun decorating the campus with Christmas gear, trees covered with lights, Christmas decor in the caf...it's amazing how much of a pick-me-up the season gives me in the midst of the doom of finals and papers at the end of the semester.

Regardless, I cannot wait to go home and go tree-hunting with my dad, start Christmas baking, and just enjoying the returning of people home at Christmas. And most importantly, may we not forget why we celebrate such a fantastic season. One of my highlights of the holiday is our Christmas eve service at the church, such a good reminder of how the best things can come in small packages as Christ came as a baby...but He was the most precious gift of all.

Enjoy getting into the Christmas spirit:)

2 comments:

Antonia Jacobson geb Oehm said...

Thanks so much for the reminder of what Christmas is all about. So important and so esy to forget in the business of times. And really refreshing to read your blog. Always cheers me up:)
Thanks.

Unknown said...

Jen! You're all done your exams! It's really totally the Christmas Season! :)