Thursday, October 29, 2009

On a rainy day...

...I am sitting in a lovely coffee shop that I finally ventured into. I spotted it during the first week of September and today was the day that my feet finally walked through their class door.
I was greeted by a smiling Asian woman, who cheerfully and graciously helped me pick out what I should eat for lunch.
I enjoyed a delicious bowl of chicken noodle soup, a nice quantity of potato salad, and a tasty Reuben sandwich.
After studying for a while, and getting a little chilly and sleepy - I decided to purchase a coffee...and when she brought it over to me, it was brimming with whip cream. You can imagine my happiness at the sight of such a large mound of whip cream...
Off on my left, there are two elderly men, sipping their coffee, who have been playing chess for hours. There is also a table of sweet elderly women who the owner likes to sit down with whenever the counter is quiet. I like this place.
I have found a jewel in the city of Langley, I have found my new escape, I have found my new study spot, this is grand.
ALSO...this week, I had my very first teaching experience in my 3/4 split class. We read through chapter 3 of Charlotte's Web, and then we worked through a worksheet. The closer I am coming to the end of my degree, the more daunting this teaching future is becoming. With each day, my dreams of having my own classroom coming closer on the horizon, and while I do have excitement, there is also a fear of not being able to remember all that I've learned, and the daunting idea that what if I can't figure out how to run a classroom?

Nonetheless, I still get pretty stoked to think of the moment when I'll finally, one day, feel comfortable as a teacher, with all those cute little faces staring up at me, and have some awesome lessons that will get them excited about learning:)

Well, I must return to the homework...much to do before I actually get that degree.

Blessings in Him.
JJ

1 comment:

Joy said...

I love it that you're teaching!! Congratulations, and remember that everything will go fine in your first classroom....just take it one step at a time.