Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Twenty-eight million...

So...I was disappointed while watching the news over the break to see that someone paid 28 million dollars for a chair. A chair. This chair...
This Dragon chair, from the 19th century I believe, was bought at an auction just a few weeks ago. That's a lot of money for a chair. I cringe to think at the better ways such money could spent...and then I cringe at the many ways I could better spend my money as well. I may not have millions, but I have much in comparison to others. Anyhoo, it at least makes me a little more aware. Just a thought...

1 comment:

Joy said...

Holy Cow! Can you believe that people have that coin, and would spend it on a chair?????

Loved the comment, though, that brought it back to me. What am I doing with my wealth (and it is, indeed, wealth)?