Thursday, February 12, 2009

$11.96

...that's how much my abundant amount of veggies came to when Kari and Rika took me to the Farmer's market for the first time. What a steal of a deal! I loaded up on tomatoes, avacadoes, onions, apples, oranges, a pepper, cucumber, lettuce, and yams - and I was suprised and stoked with my bargain.

Missions Fest has come and gone again for another year. But it was good to reconnect with a few youth group buddies, Capernwray faces, and of course - my dear friend Jayme:) I only went to a few sessions and scouted out a couple of booths. I think next year when I get closer to graduation it will be interesting to see if the Lord opens up any doors to some distant land, or perhaps right up in my own backyard.

We had a hallway Pizza party a few weekends ago. We have 14 people who live on our floor, so it was our first event where we all got together to hang out and eat amazing homemade pizza.

I have just arrived back from our first rowing practice of the semester back on the water. Despite it being super chilly out there, the water was smooth and calm, and it was a nice workout. I am still baffled that I remain on this team after 3 years...go figure.

These photos are from our Westerns Competition back in October...our womens 8

Photo my Garreth JonesPhoto my Garreth Jones
And last weekend we had the death Erg Competition. This year I didn't compete, but I got to help yell at my teammates to make them work hard, and they all did amazingly:)
These photos are of some of the team after the competition...
And this photo is at Subway (eat fresh), with Mary, one of our Novice Girls, and our phenomenal coach Erin, in the middle.
School has been going well. I'm enjoying my classes more, but finding it tough to get everything done. My discipleship stuff has been going great as well. We've been in the midst of interviewing for next years team, so we'll see how that goes.

I've started a mini practicum in a Grade 2 class as well, and that's been fun. Nice to actually be in a classroom and hang out with kiddies for a bit. It always take a while to get into the groove of a new teacher's style, but I think it should be a good semester.

I've been enjoying reading through a book called Completely His, by Shannon Eldridge. She focuses on the importance of spending time with God in order that we may have a deeper realtionship with Him. And lately it's been wonderful to experience the Lord's presence and having my desire to seek Him grow. I've also been reading through Hosea as well, and it is mindblowing stuff that God describes how He seeks and pursues us, despite our fallen nature and sinfulness. Hope and restoration are wonderful gifts.

And in the spirit of festivites -
Happy Valentine's Day (early).
Hurray for family and friends.
I've got a date with Kari and Rika for Saturday night, so girls night will be a blast:)

Blessings on the rest of your week, and thanks for checking in.

Jen J


2 comments:

Joy said...

Vegetables, missions, practicum, pizza, rowing and valentines....a plethora of interesting updates! Nice to hear from you again. Did you ever manage to connect to my blog?

Keltie and Phil said...

Whoa sounds like you've been busy!!! So good though! I love all the photos :o) Can't wait for our 'date' next week! Love ya!